Upon arrival in Bibione the person in charge of the contract (with their personal ID document) must check-in for the event. They will pay for any outstanding participation, accommodation and service fees, collect the personal passes, the tank tops for the athletes and the vouchers for any additional purchases made (extras on request). At the check-in the team formations and the validity of the medical certificates will also be checked. Note: the check-in can also be made by a substitute of the person in charge of the contract provided that they have an ID card and the sales contract that will act as a proxy.
Where there are check-in operations
The check-in will take place in Bibione in a dedicated area on the beach in front of the Villaggio Turistico Internazionale, accessible from Via delle Colonie, 4 – Bibione and from via Ariete. Check-in time is scheduled as follows:
- Thursday from 3.00 p.m. to 9.00 p.m
- Friday from 7.45 am to 9.00 p.m.
- Saturday from 7.45 a.m. to 12.00 p.m. (only for Non Athlete passes also from 3.00 p.m. to 9.00 p.m.)
For all those using affiliate accommodation in residences, tourist villages, aparthotels and hostels, accommodation will be available starting from 4.30 p.m. on arrival day and must be left by 10.00 a.m. on departure day, unless otherwise stated in the contract (or otherwise agreed with the accommodation). When receiving the keys to the accommodation a deposit (100.00 euros per unit) is required and will be returned on departure once the accommodation has been checked. For those staying in hotels the rooms will be made available from 12.00 p.m., unless otherwise agreed for an earlier access. Rooms must be left by 10.00 a.m. on departure day, unless otherwis agreed with the accommodation. For those staying in campsites the pitches will be available from 12 a.m. unless otherwise agreed. Pitches must be left by 6.30 p.m. on departure day. A tourist tax must be paid on arrival, in cash, for any form of accommodation, to the management of the accommodation.
Should you arrive in Bibione after 9.00 p.m. you can still get access to the affiliate accommodation assigned to you, using the booking voucher (sent in some days before the starting date of the event), and check in to the event the following day.
- About arrivals after agency closing time the keys will be available at the Accreditation Area in front of the beach (from via delle Colonie, 4) until up 9:00 p.m.
- About arrivals after check-in closing time (9:00 p.m.) the keys will be available at the at the patio in front of the church close Santo Stefano Hotel (via delle Colonie 3) from 9:00 p.m. to 00:30 a.m.-
Guests staying in residences, aparthotels and tourist villages that have a reception (this information will be available at registration) will be able to collect the keys from the reception of the assigned accommodation. Please remember to communicate the late arrival to the management of the accommodation.
- Guests staying in hotels are advised to choose 4-star accommodation that guarantees the presence of a night porter. In any case, please remember to inform the hotel of the late arrival.
- Guests staying in hostels must collect the keys before 10.00 p.m. on arrival day.
- Guests staying in campsites must set up their tents by 10.30 p.m. on the day of arrival. After that time tents will be set up in a designated area until midnight, prior agreement with the accommodation facility. Camper vans and/or caravans must access by 11.00 p.m. on the day of arrival. After that time, overnight stops are possible in a special designated area inside the campsite, with the possibility of moving to the assigned pitch the following morning.
Upon arrival in Bibione, during the check-in, the person in charge of the contract will collect the personal passes that each participant will be required to wear on their wrist or ankle for the whole duration of the event.
The pass will allow “athletes” to:
- take part in the tournament if registered as ‘Athlete’;
- free access to the dedicated secondary playing courts;
- free entrance to the evening parties on the beach;
- free entrance to disco parties;
- discount on renting sunshade umbrellas and loungers;
- discount on the entrance ticket to the thermal water swimming pools (at Bibione Thermae);
- discounts in pizzerias and other affiliate restaurants/pubs/bars (see “BeachVolleyMarathonApp”).
In case of damage, the personal pass will be changed with a new one, free of charge, upon returning the old one. Note: teams playing a match with one or more athletes without the personal pass, released by the organizing office, will be immediately expelled from the tournament without any refund.
Close to the sports area (the beach in front of the Villaggio Turistico Internazionale) there are the following parking places:
- Parking in front of the Bibione Thermae Complex (10-minute walk)
- Parking in Piazzale Adriatico (15-minute walk)
- Parking in Piazza Mercato (15-minute walk)
- Parking in Piazzale Zenith (20-minute walk)
- In order to avoid traffic jams on check-in days, it is best to get to the assigned accommodation earlier and to walk to the event area.
- In order to avoid traffic jams on Sunday (check-out day) it is best to book the affiliate accommodation adding the ‘late check-out’ option. That way you will have access to the accommodation and its parking facilities until 5.00 p.m. on departure day.